This baby red potato salad is easy on the mayonnaise and will be your new go-to for summer BBQs.
Baby red potato salad
I love a good homemade potato salad, and this one is absolutely delicious, especially if you’re not a fan of traditional potato salad with mayonnaise. It only uses a tablespoon of mayo but still has a lot of sauce made from the Dijon mustard, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. And since red potatoes are used, the potatoes don’t need to be peeled, so it’s quicker too! For lighter potato salad recipes, try these Rainbow Potato Salad and Summer Potato Salad with Apples.
This healthy red potato salad is my favorite way to enjoy potato salad. Red potatoes provide vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, iron and fiber. They contain even more fiber when eaten with their skin on.
Should I cut potatoes for potato salad before cooking?
Yes, I like to cut my potatoes into pieces of the same size so that they cook faster and more evenly.
How to make a red potato salad
Potato salad is super easy to make. While your potatoes are cooking, prepare and mix all of the other ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Vegetables: red baby potatoes, green peppers, red onions, spring onions
- Sauce: Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper
What to serve with potato salad
This red potato salad is perfect for a picnic or BBQ. You can do it the night before so it’s ready to go. It would be great served with burgers, grilled chicken, or sandwiches.
- If you can’t find red baby potatoes, use regular red or gold potatoes.
- Sub the green peppers with a different color of pepper or add celery.
- Swap the red onion for shallots.
- Add fresh dill to this potato salad.
More summer recipes you’ll love:
Baby red potato salad
Preparation time: fifteen Minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 25th Minutes
This Baby Red Potato Salad is the perfect potluck or lunchtime side for summer barbecues or a picnic. It’s light and easy to prepare with lots of fresh taste.
- 4th cups Baby red potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup green paprika, finely diced
- 1/4 Cup Red onion, finely diced
- 3rd spring onions, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
- Salt and fresh pepper
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain.
While the potatoes are cooking, mix the red onion, green bell pepper, mustard, olive oil, vinegar and mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
Once the potatoes are done, toss them into the bowl with the dressing and add green onions and additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Portion: 3rd/ 4 cups, Calories: 107.2kcal, Carbohydrates: 17.8G, Protein: 2.2G, Fat: 3.2G, Fiber: 2.1G
Blue Smart Points: 3rd
Green smart points: 3rd
Purple Smart Points: 1
Points +: 3rd
Keywords: Gluten-free, vegetarian dishes