Canada extends ban on most international vacationers

0
99
Canada extends ban on most foreign travelers

Photo credit: Pixabay / CC0 Public Domain

Canada is extending the entry ban for most travelers through September to limit the spread of COVID-19, the government said on Friday.

Canadian citizens and permanent residents returning from overseas will continue to be subject to strict quarantine measures, Public Security Secretary Bill Blair said on Twitter.

This restriction has been in effect since mid-March.

An exception was made in June allowing a spouse, child, parent, or guardian of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to enter the country.

An agreement between Canada and the United States also allows important travelers to cross their common border – the longest in the world. This agreement was extended to September 21 earlier this month.

All travelers are subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival.

Foreigners with COVID-19 symptoms are not allowed to enter Canada.

Shipments of goods are continued.

As of Friday, Canada had registered more than 127,000 cases of the new coronavirus and nearly 9,140 deaths.

Follow the latest news on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

© 2020 AFP

Quote::
Canada Extends Ban on Most Foreign Travelers (2020, Aug 29)
accessed on August 29, 2020
from https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-canada-foreign.html

This document is subject to copyright. Apart from fair treatment for the purpose of private study or research, no
Part may be reproduced without written permission. The content is provided for informational purposes only.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here