Journey To Weight Loss In Real Life: Weight loss or fitness is one of the most talked about topics of all time. “How can I lose weight” is the question everyone who wants to switch to a fitter lifestyle has asked themselves again and again. Many of us choose to lose weight to look and feel good, others choose to keep lifestyle-related illnesses and ailments at bay. It was similar with Between Khaund, a public relations professional who lost 50 pounds in four months.Also Read – Real Life Weight Loss: I Lose 50 Pounds in 40 Days on a High Protein Diet and vigorous exercise
Weight Loss Journey: Fitness Mantra and the Will to Transform
My fitness journey has always been an uphill battle for as long as I can remember. During my teens and college, I was fortunate to have a body that was conventionally considered “thin or slim,” but when I finished college and started working, I realized how unfit and out of shape I was had become. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD), which accelerated my weight gain, and the irony was that I was asked to lose weight significantly in order to lead a healthier life and offset the effects of the disease. The turning point came when a pair of pants that used to fit me tightly around my waist no longer fit. Pants became almost every item of clothing in my closet. That’s it. That was my sign to take care of my fitness. Also Read – Real Life Weight Loss: I Lost 40 Pounds By Eating Rice And Exercising Regularly
It was definitely my self-control that got me through and my immense determination to do more for myself and my body every day. Also Read – Real Life Weight Loss: I’ve Lose 50 Pounds With Regular Jogging And Intermittent Fasting
Weight loss journey: calorie deficit and intermittent fasting helped
I followed a mix of calorie deficit and intermittent fasting to change my diet to include a more mindful and healthier diet.
- I would start my day with a handful of almonds followed by a banana.
- I’ve reduced my morning coffee consumption to one cup a day because I’m taking a little break from work.
- I followed the 2-hour meal rule popularized by Rujuta Diwekar, and through it I ate small portions filled with the most important things my body needed. This included fruit, a mixed salad (chickpeas, corn, kidney) with various additives, a bowl of yogurt and eggs (cooked, scrambled eggs, omelette).
- In the afternoon I ate a bowl of soup with a small side of cucumber salad.
- In the evening there would be a light snack like sukha bhel, fox nuts (makhana) or a small portion of upma.
- Dinner was ready around 9 p.m. and it would have a serving of protein, ideally grilled chicken, a serving of boiled, lightly sautéed vegetables, and a small serving of rice or chapati.
- From 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m., I had my intermittent fasting window after which I could have my meals. I was also very conscious to avoid certain foods initially, including chips and junk food, chocolates, candy, and ice cream. By eating healthier, more nutritious foods and eating more leafy green vegetables, I was able to eat cleanly and build a calorie deficit that helped me with my diet.
Weight Loss Journey and Exercise Routine
My workouts were mostly cardio. I pushed myself to take my 10,000 steps every day, and from then on I kept going, trying a little yoga but making sure I was active and moving every day. I even tried some of the viral Instagram weight loss exercises and tips to keep my workouts as varied and interesting as possible. On days when I couldn’t go to the gym, I tried to mix things up with Zumba tutorials at home. Now I want to focus my energy on learning a sport, preferably squash, and also try out Pilates.
Weight Loss Journey and What Worked: The Importance of Creating a Schedule
What worked really well for me on this trip was planning and creating a schedule for my meals. The focus on clean, healthy, and conscious eating was important and that helped me set priorities and put things in perspective. Trusting my gut instinct, listening to my body and doing what felt right and good for me was the most important step.
India.com has decided to bring real life weight loss stories to our readers that will inspire you to finally sign up for that gym membership or make yoga an active part of your lifestyle. If you have an incredible weight loss story that inspires people to stay healthy, drop us a line on our social media links to be featured and we will be in touch!