These Asian turkey salad wraps are full of flavor and have so many great ideas to go with.
Have them as a quick snack after school, prepare the meal for the week, meet friends for a hearty starter, or enjoy them at the table with your family. The ideas are endless!
They're quick and easy to cook, but also easy to put together and all to eat under 30 minutes.
I love meals that are satisfying and quick for a busy weekly schedule! This meal does not contain carbohydrates, but uses 2 of your protein servings, your restricted vegetable serving, and 2 free vegetable servings.
Ingredients for Asian Turkey Salad Wraps
– 480 g ground turkey
– 50 g of crushed carrots
– 150 g of coarsely chopped mushrooms
– Drain 200 g of chopped water chestnuts and roughly chop them
– 2 (50 g) chopped green onions
– 1 chopped clove of garlic
– 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
– 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
– 2 teaspoons of red chili paste
– 12 butter lettuce leaves, Boston and Iceberg work too
Instructions for Asian Turkey Salad Wraps
1. In a medium pan over medium heat, add the ground turkey. Cook and crumble until almost completely cooked. Add carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onions, and garlic. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until the turkey is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
2. Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and chili paste. Stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Serve on butter lettuce leaves or fold into beautiful wraps with the iceberg lettuce (ideal for the lunch box.)
Click here to download your copy of the Asian Turkey Salad Wraps Recipe