Here's a delicious recipe to help you consume your veggies in the morning. Fill up the free vegetables,
Along with the protein and slow-releasing carbohydrates, you'll stay full longer.
The vinegar in this recipe perfectly balances out the slight bitterness of the Swiss chard and at the same time provides a wonderful effect
This recipe takes a little longer and is therefore best enjoyed as a breakfast or brunch on the weekend!
Sweet potato, Swiss chard and turkey sausage hash with poached egg ingredients
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g sweet potato
- 6 shallot stalks
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt for serving
- 250 g (6) fully cooked turkey sausages
- 120 g Swiss chard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 4 eggs
Sweet potato, Swiss chard and turkey sausage hash with poached eggs directions
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Take the unpeeled and scrubbed sweet potato and cut into 1⁄4-inch cubes. Stir in sweet potato, white parts of spring onions, 2 teaspoons. of vinegar and 1/2 tsp. Cover with salt and cook for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in the sausage, cover and cook for about 3 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Uncover and fry for about 5 minutes, until the sweet potato is lightly caramelized. Add the chard, green parts of the spring onions and rosemary, leaving 1 teaspoon. Vinegar and 1/2 tsp. of the salt and sauté until the chard has just wilted, about 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- In the meantime, fill a large, deep pan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Crack the eggs straight into the water. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and poach until the egg whites become opaque. Take the eggs out of the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Divide the hashish on four plates, cover with eggs and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
Download your copy of the Sweet Potato, Swiss Chard, and Turkey Sausage with Poached Egg Recipe here.