Tuna is a source of high quality protein with almost no fat. It contains all of the essential amino acids the body needs for the growth and maintenance of lean muscle tissue.
Tuna also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their anti-inflammatory properties, and is high in potassium, manganese, vitamin C, and zinc. A perfect reason to refine this delicious yet simple recipe that the whole family will love.
Ingredients for grilled tuna steaks
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 2 chopped garlic cloves
– 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 4 tuna steaks (210 g each)
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Instructions for grilled tuna steaks
1. Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, and thyme in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the tuna; Seal the bag and turn to cover. Place in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Remove the tuna from the bag; Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain the marinade and discard. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; Lightly coat the grill grate with long-handled tongs.
3. Grill the tuna covered over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-seldom or until it is slightly pink in the middle.
4. Serve with 65g basmati rice and free vegetables of your choice.
Click here to download your copy of the Grilled Tuna Steak Recipe