This baked chicken and almond pepper recipe combines great nutrition with easy preparation in just 10-15 minutes.
With a low saturated fat content of just 3 grams and nearly 30 grams of protein per serving, this is a delightful blend of textures and flavors to add to your repertoire of quick and easy lunch or dinner recipes.
- 600 grams of chicken breast
- 400 g red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 red peppers (450 g), pitted and sliced
- 240 g baby potatoes chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin, smoked paprika and fennel seeds, lightly chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice and lemon peel
- 32 grams of whole blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 250 grams of 0% fat FAGE Greek yogurt
- Small handfuls of parsley or coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees / 180 degrees fan / gas 6.
- Put the chicken or turkey, onions, potatoes, and peppers in a large bowl and season.
- Mix the garlic, spices, oil, lemon peel and juice in another bowl.
- Pour this over everything and spread the mixture on a large baking sheet or 2 smaller trays.
- Fry for 40 minutes and turn the chicken after 20 minutes to make sure it is cooked through.
- Add almonds for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve in bowls with a large portion of Greek yogurt and some chopped parsley or coriander.
Click here to download a copy of the Baked Chicken and Almonds Recipe.