A breakfast quesadilla might sound indulgent, but it doesn't have to be when you swap a few ingredients for a healthier choice like a refined white flour tortilla for the BFree multigrain tortilla (Tesco sells them for € 3.18) for a pack of 6).
This Protein Eggsadilla is just that: a delicious, Mexican-inspired meal that provides 21 grams of protein per serving. And it's crucial that you get your protein in the morning. Research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in June 2015 suggests that the distribution of your dietary protein intake throughout the day can be just as important as the total amount you eat in those 24 hours.
This is a great option for breakfast or even a filling brunch. It's a tasty and delicious way to start the day – healthy way!
Protein breakfast quesadilla ingredients
• 4 eggs
• 4 large egg whites
• 4 tbsp mild salsa
• 50 g of grated light cheddar cheese
• 200 g red pepper finely chopped
• 4 BFree wraps
Protein Breakfast Quesadilla Directions
1. Stir the eggs in a coated pan (with 1 Cal Fry Lite cooking spray) until they are cooked to your liking.
2. Add the chopped peppers and warm for 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Warm tortilla in the oven, microwave, or stovetop. After heating, place the egg and pepper mixture on the tortilla.
4. Sprinkle the eggs and pepper mixture with cheese, then top with salsa and fold or roll the tortilla as you like.
Download a copy of the Protein Breakfast Quesadilla recipe here.