This is a very rich and tasty slow cooker stew with a thick, red, smoky-tasting sauce. Great for getting a day ahead and warming up. Instead of pasta, you can also serve rice or potatoes.
It consumes 3 proteins, 1 carbohydrates, 1 fat and 1 restricted vegetable for the day. You have 4 proteins, 1 carbohydrate, and 1 fat for the other 2 meals.
Smoked paprika goulash ingredients
- 2 small onions / 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 350g paprika chopped
- 1 teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper
- 600 g lean beef steak, diced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 200 ml of water
- 80 g tomato puree
- 280 g egg noodles
- 4 sprigs of fresh parsley (optional)
Smoked Red Pepper Goulash Directions
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Boil and stir onions until tender and begin to brown around the edges for 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for a minute. Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Cover the stove and set it on low.
- Mix the paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Throw the meat cubes into the pepper mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Put half of the beef cubes in the pan and brown on all sides. Pour into the slow cooker. Pour 2 tablespoons of water into the pan and scrape the browned pieces off the pan; Pour liquid into the slow cooker. This will prevent the peppers from burning when you brown the next batch of beef. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and cook the next batch in the same way.
- Stir the tomato puree and the rest of the water into the slow cooker; Home page. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Fill a large saucepan with lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the egg noodles and cook them uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are cooked through but are still firm to the bite (approx. 5 minutes). Drain.
- Serve the goulash over pasta with a sprig of parsley.
Click here to download a copy of the Smoked Bell Pepper Goulash Recipe.