This recipe is so delicious and perfect for those warm summer evenings. It's filled with protein with 3 of your 7 servings of protein, 1 serving of fat, and 2 free servings of vegetables.
This recipe will really impress any summer visitor, and it's so quick and easy to make. It's an all-round winner.
Ingredients for steak and eggplant salad
– 1 eggplant halved and thinly sliced
– 2 TBSP. of flour
– 2 TBSP. olive oil
– 400 grams of lean steak
– 200 g of lamb salad or spinach leaves
– 120 g feta cut into cubes
Dressing for steak and eggplant salad
– 1 green chilli cut in half and chopped
– Juiced ½ lemon
– ½ small pack (15 g) coriander
– ½ small pack (15 g) of mint leaves
Instructions for steak and eggplant salad
1. Dust the aubergine slices with a little spice in the flour.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. shimmering from the olive oil in a large pan. Put the eggplant in the pan and fry for a few minutes on each side until it collapses and is soft. Then set aside.
3. Turn up the heat, season the steak, add it to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes on each side (rare if you want it medium sized). Let rest for 5 minutes and then cut into slices
4. In a blender or small food processor, beat the remaining olive oil with the remaining ingredients of the dressing and a splash of water.
5. To serve, mix half of the dressing with the lamb salad / spinach and then place on a plate. Top with the crispy aubergine and steak, sprinkle over the feta and then drizzle over the rest of the dressing.
6. Sprinkle over the remaining herbs and serve.
Click here to download your copy of the Steak and Eggplant Salad Recipe