This is a really filling delicious summer salad. It could be used as lunch or fill up enough for a dinner. It may use up your 2 servings of fat and 1 of your carbohydrate servings, but as long as you are aware of that on your other two meals, it's a great choice for those lazy summer evenings and the oven will rest.
Best of all, it can be used again for meals for the next two days without the need to reheat.
Ingredients for summer chickpea salad
- 280 g whole wheat pasta
- 480 g chickpeas
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- Halve 200 g cherry tomatoes
- ½ whole cucumber
- 120 g feta
- 120 g black olives
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 handful of parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 dash of honey
Instructions for summer chickpea salad
- In a large saucepan with boiling water, boil the pasta for 10 minutes, drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpeas, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, feta, onions, olives, parsley and the pasta together.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients in the cup, add to the bowl and stir gently.
- Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator, consume within 2 days.
Download a PDF copy of the Summer Chickpea Salad