This delicious tofu quiche recipe uses tofu instead of eggs for a healthy, low-fat, dairy-free, and cholesterol-free vegetarian and vegan breakfast, weekend brunch, or dinner. The recipe includes nutritional yeast, sometimes called a superfood, as even a little bit of this high protein, low fat, and nutrient dense food is packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals.
More research is needed to confirm the benefits of nutritional yeast. However, it appears that it can help boost energy levels and maintain vitamin B-12 levels, as well as support the immune system, dermatological health, and pregnancy. Not all nutritional yeast is fortified with vitamin B-12, so it's important to check the label for any ingredients.
Nutritional yeast is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and high quality protein. Typically a quarter of a cup of nutritional yeast contains: 60 calories, 8 grams (g) protein, 3 g fiber, 11.85 milligrams (mg) thiamine or vitamin B-1.9.70 mg riboflavin or vitamin B-2.5.90 mg of vitamin B-6, 17.60 micrograms (µg) of vitamin B-12. It also contains vitamin B-3, potassium, calcium, and iron.
This recipe uses 1 protein boost per slice so you can use one slice as a breakfast option or double up for a dinner serving.
Tofu quiche ingredients
- 1 TBSP. Rapeseed oil
- 100 g spring onions, peppers and zucchini finely chopped
- 100 g spinach
- 1 sliced tomato for garnish
- 300 g package of silky tofu
- 1½ tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pepper to taste
Tofu quiche directions
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Take finely chopped vegetables and lightly fry them in frylight.
- Grease a flan bowl (rectangular bowl works just as well) with the tablespoon. of rapeseed oil.
- Put the tofu, garlic and nutritional yeast in a blender and mix together to form a soft paste.
- Place in a bowl and mix in the cooked vegetables and spinach. Add oregano, paprika and pepper and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased bowl and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and sliced tomatoes and serve with a side salad and baby potatoes.
Download your copy of the tofu quiche recipe here.