A favorite for family dinner! Warming winter comfort food, topped with cheesy porridge.
This takes a little more time and effort, but it's worth it. This meal is also kept in the refrigerator after cooking
Ingredients for vegetarian sausage and bean pie
- 6 Linda McCartney sausages (1 package), thawed and cut into pieces
- 480 g potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 20 g low-fat margarine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (80 g) diced
- 1 piece of celery (50 g) diced
- 1 carrot (60 g) diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 vegan stock cube
- 1 small can of sugar-free baked beans (200 g)
- 1 small can of kidney beans (200 g)
- 100 g baby spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 20 grams of low fat cheddar
Crustless Tofu Quiche Directions
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C / 170 ° C fan / gas level 5.
- Cook the potatoes for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain the potatoes and mash them with the low-fat margarine. Put aside.
- Put a large pan on medium heat. Add the 1 tablespoon of oil and the sausages. Fry 3-4 minutes until brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add the tomato puree, stock cube, kidney beans, and sugar-free baked beans. Stir in the sausages.
- Transfer the sausage mixture to an ovenproof bowl. Top with the mashed potatoes and sprinkle with grated cheese (if desired). Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Download your copy of the Vegetarian Sausage and Bean Cake Recipe here.