Did we have to share another combination of chicken and salad? Yes we did! It's so much tastier than your average chicken dish. The mix of sun flavors like oregano and sage, fresh along with the zesty lemon, really makes this dish come alive so you can enjoy a healthy weight loss recipe and keep pursuing your weight loss goals.
Serve this on a bed of mixed lettuce leaves if you wish. If time permits, you can also cut the chicken breast into thin slices just before serving.
Roast chicken with Croatian salad ingredients
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of 2 lemons and finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon each of finely chopped fresh rosemary and sage leaves
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, pitted and sliced
- 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper, deseeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 onion halved and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat parsley
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of sweetener
Fried Chicken with Croatian Salad Directions
- Use a sharp knife to make a few slashes on top of each chicken breast. Put in a non-metallic bowl so that it fits nicely in one layer.
- Mix lemon juice and lemon zest, garlic, herbs and nutmeg and season. Pour over the chicken to coat, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- Put all the salad ingredients in a bowl, season and mix. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When you're ready to cook, heat a large skillet or skillet to hot and cook the chicken in one batch for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Divide the chicken and the salad on 4 plates.
- Finish with a dash of fresh black pepper.