Healthy breakfast recipes don't always have to be boring. You may have embarked on a new healthy eating plan, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy your meals as well as you did before. That's why we love this baked egg and spinach recipe.
Eggs are always a breakfast winner in our eyes, they are so versatile and the ingredients you can add to them are endless.
Here we have added a main ingredient, Spinach.
This vegetable, believed to be of Persian origin, had spread across Europe by the 12th century and became a desirable leafy green known for its good health, a reputation that continues to this day.
Spinach has always been viewed as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy and increase vitality. It's also full of nutritional benefits as it is high in iron and is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, and folic acid, as well as a good source of magnesium and vitamin B2.
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 400 g baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 calorie spray
- Preheat your oven to 200 ° C. Grease 4 baking dishes (ovenproof) with a 1-calorie spray.
- Sear the shallot again with the 1-calorie spray until soft. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Season the vegetables to taste.
- Divide the vegetables between the 4 casserole dishes. Make a well in the center of each and crack an egg in each baking dish. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake the casserole dishes in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs.
Click here to download a copy of the Baked Eggs and Spinach Recipe.