This delicious, healthy, fruity chicken curry recipe is a quick, nutritious alternative to whatever your kids want for Friday night indulgence. This healthy curry recipe is very mild and suitable for the whole family.
What can't you love about a recipe that tastes fantastic and has all the ingredients for a healthy, nutritious dinner? It's great to have a spare meal in the freezer on hectic evenings where there is no time to cook but still provides great nutrition for a hungry family. Just pour leftover curry into small Tupperware containers, label and date for future use.
This recipe is also cheap and easy to make and best of all, low fat and low calorie. Feel free to add extra green vegetables for extra goodness. This can be served with 55 g of brown rice.
Healthy fruity chicken curry ingredients
- 400 g diced chicken (approx. 4 chicken fillets)
- 1 large onion (150 g)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 – 3 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 medium-sized apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (150 g) green peas
- 1 tbsp wholemeal flour (can be used gluten-free)
- 1 small glass of mango chutney (Sharwoods brand)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can (400 g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 pints (0.94 L) reduced salt chicken broth
- Fry the onion and garlic with a low-calorie spray until soft, stir in the curry powder, flour, apple slices and tomato paste and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the warm chicken stock and chopped tomatoes, then add the glass of mango chutney and season to taste.
- Cook on medium to low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- While you wait for the sauce, prepare the chicken.
- Heat a large pan with a low-calorie spray. Add 400 grams of diced chicken and saute for 5-8 minutes until cooked.
- Add the cooked chicken to the curry and simmer for another 5 minutes over low heat.
Download a copy of the recipe now.