This hearty chicken casserole is perfect for those cold winter evenings. It's packed full of protein with 3 of your servings. It uses your restricted vegetable serving and one of your carbohydrate servings per serving, but well worth it for this delicious casserole that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
- 400g chicken breast
- 4 carrots
- 2 onions
- 200g cubes of sweet potato
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- 100g cauliflower florets
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 liter chicken broth (2 low-salt broths)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Cut the onions into slices and fry them in a baking dish in 1 cal. Spray until soft.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and add it to the saucepan. Boil it for 3-4 minutes before removing the saucepan from the heat.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes, carrots and celery before adding them to the pot along with the cauliflower
- Fill the can with the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the ingredients with broth and place in the oven for about an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Download your copy of the Chicken Casserole Recipe.