Some people think salads are boring, but we disagree. Eating a salad every day is a really healthy habit that you should develop. The only time that salads are boring is when you keep eating the same thing over and over again.
At this time of year we always dig up our healthy salad recipe book. What we want to share with you today is for a Chinese Chicken Salad and it is delicious.
Chinese Chicken Salad, as the name suggests, is a healthy chicken salad recipe flavored with Chinese spices that are already popular with Irish people. The Chinese part of the dish is made with Chinese ingredients like ginger and sesame oil.
The surprising thing is that it tastes so good that you don't even feel like you are eating a salad!
Chinese Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons of low-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of olive / sesame oil
- 400g chicken breast
- ½ head of white cabbage, finely chopped
- ¼ head of red cabbage finely chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped up
- 3 spring onions, cut and thinly sliced, including vegetables
- I can drain mandarins in water
- 60ml rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 finely chopped green or red chilli
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon stevia
Chinese Chicken Salad Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 180F
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and ½ teaspoon sesame oil and brush onto chicken breast
- Place in a baking dish and bake for about 13-15 minutes, until the juices are clear
- Take out of the oven, let cool completely, and cut into ¼-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, spring onions, tangerines, and sliced chicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, oil, canderel and chilli sauce. Pour dressing over lettuce and toss to continue.
- Distribute on bowls and top with roasted teaspoons of almonds. Then sit back and enjoy!